Christmas Theme Wedding Ideas
I am planning a Christmas Wedding. It is surprising how much thought goes into planning a wedding, and how every day something falls into to place like a puzzle.
Some of the wedding ideas I have are:
- Bridesmaids will wear fur capes over the bridesmaids dress so they have something to stay warm while traveling from church to pictures and the wedding reception.
- The reception area will be decorated like a winter wonderland, in white and silver — even though my bridesmaids are wearing red.
- We have decide not to have a wedding gift table – it seems to be just a table sitting there; instead we are setting up a Christmas tree with white lights and use that to put the gifts under.
- We’ll do winter-theme tablescape centerpieces featuring fake snow dusted with glitter, a lot of shiny glass Christmas ball ornaments, candles of varying heights, and clear glass vases filled with glass ball ornaments and other sparkly stuff.
- For Christmas wedding favors we are giving Christmas ornaments.
- Another idea is to serve hot chocolate and hot cider with Christmas shortbread cookies for a late evening treat at the wedding reception.
There are so many Christmas wedding ideas that you can come up with if you use a little imagination. Keep in mind that it is your wedding and it has to be you and your fiancés dream day. I have gotten so many creative wedding ideas here at SuperWeddings, and also pointers to help with wedding planning. Thank you!
Want more Christmas Wedding Ideas? See the Christmas Wedding section
Christmas Wedding Ideas for a Guest Book Alternative
My wedding is in December and I have been trying to come up with ideas to incorporate a Christmas theme. One wedding idea I have is to use a Christmas tree skirt as my guest book and have guests sign it with a fabric pen or any pen that will write on fabric. That way every year I can pull it out to use at Christmas and have a special reminder of our wedding day and all the guests who shared it with us.
~ A SuperWeddings Reader
See gorgeous decor ideas for a Christmas Wedding in the Christmas Wedding section