Ideas for Signature Cocktails Wedding Guests Will Love
One of the more personalized ways to put your own stamp on your wedding reception is to serve signature cocktails. Your wedding guests will be so impressed!
Need signature cocktail ideas for your wedding?
One way to come up with ideas is to build a signature cocktail around your favorite spirit (what do you like to drink – vodka, rum, gin….).
Or look for cocktails that complement your wedding colors.
Be sure to also offer an nonalcoholic, or “mocktail” version for those who prefer not to imbibe.
In this post we’ve got some specific suggestions and ideas for signature cocktails that are perfect for weddings.
Signature Cocktail: Wedding Cupcake Martini
How to Make a “Cupcake Martini” Signature Cocktail
Start with two dessert plates and spread a thin layer of frosting onto one plate and colorful pastel candy sprinkles onto another. We colored the frosting pink to match the color of our drinks.
- Dip your martini glass rim into the frosting and slightly twist covering the rim with the frosting. Then roll the rim into the sprinkles and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 1 oz. cake vodka, 1 oz. white chocolate liqueur and 2 ounces of half and half. For a lighter version of the drink you can use coconut milk or 2% milk.
- If you want to have a colorful pastel drink, add a few drops of food coloring of your choice. Be sure and test the color into a small cup before pouring it all into your glass. Shake and strain into your prepared martini glass.
Signature Cocktail: Jazz Soirée
The Jazz Soiree is a perfect choice as a signature cocktail at a wedding with a jazz theme, or where jazz music is featured. This could also be a great signature cocktail wedding drink at a reception with a pink or peach color scheme – or for the couple who is known to love their peach vodka!
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into either a chilled martini glass or over ice into a rocks glass.
Wedding Signature Cocktail – Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria
Serves 6 to 8
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup rum, like Selvarey or another high-quality white rum
1 cup diced red apple
1 cup diced green apple
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1 bottle Chardonnay, un-oaked or lightly oaked, chilled
1 cup white cranberry juice, chilled
2 cups club soda, chilled
Lemon twist for garnish
In a large pitcher, combine the sugar and rum and stir to dissolve. Add the apples, cranberries, Chardonnay, and white cranberry juice. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, add the club soda and stir to combine. Pour into ice-filled glasses and scoop in some of the fruit. Top each glass with a lemon twist.
- Frozen cranberries were used, but you can also use fresh. If you use fresh, your sangria will be more pink-tinted, as the berries bleed their color into the juice.
- Using an oak-aged Chardonnay will give the sangria more buttery flavors. Un-oaked for a cleaner, lighter, more refreshing sangria.
- You can also serve this sangria immediately, but the flavors won’t have as much time to mingle and mellow.
Summer Wedding Cocktails
Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade
- 12 oz. fresh blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- Put the blackberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until blackberries have softened and you have a thick syrup.
- Strain syrup through a mesh sieve to separate any seeds or lumps from the syrup. You can discard the leftover pulp, although I like to freeze it in ice cube trays and pop a cube or two in smoothies.
- Let syrup cool on the counter for 20 minutes or so before you make the drinks.
- 7.5 oz. whiskey
- 7.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 6 oz. blackberry simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a large shaker and add a handful or two of ice cubes. Depending on the size of your shaker, you may have to shake the drinks in two batches. 2.Shake to combine and chill drinks. 3. Pour over ice into glasses and serve.
Lighten the drinks up a bit (and stretch them to serve more people!) by topping each drink off with a splash of tonic water or sparkling wine.
Fresh, in-season blackberries are generally so juicy that you don’t really need water as an added liquid for this simple syrup – you just have to give them enough time to do their thing and release all their juices! If you’d like to speed the cooking process or if your berries are on the drier side, add ½ cup water to the syrup and cook normally.
Use basil instead of rosemary for a fun twist!
For a stronger herb flavor, add a sprig or two of rosemary to the syrup while it cooks.
You can substitute other liquors for the whiskey in this recipe if you like – personally, though, I love the depth of flavor that whiskey or bourbon bring to this cocktail!
Signature Cocktail for a Summer Wedding: Red Sangria
Recipe and Photo Credit: chefsavvy.com
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bottle red dry table wine
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 whole apple, sliced
- 1 whole orange, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan. Over medium high heat bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Add red wine, brandy, pomegranate juice, apples, oranges, and strawberries to a large pitcher.
- Add in cooled simple syrup and stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for best results overnight.
Pineapple Sunset Summer Wedding Cocktail
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grenadine
- Maraschino cherries
- Splash of sparkling water
- Begin by filling each glass with ice.
- Top with pineapple juice and vodka. Stir to combine
- Add grenadine and top with a splash of sparkling water
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Signature drinks for summer weddings: Summer Wedding Cocktails
- Watermelon-Champagne Cocktail. …
- Muddled Lemonberryade. …
- Green Tea and Orange Cooler. …
- Cucumber-Jalapeno Margarita. …
- Tequila Sangria. …
- Mojitos for a Crowd. …
- Homemade Peach Iced Tea.
Fall Wedding Signature Drinks
Fall Wedding Signature Drink: Spiked Apple Cider
1/4 gallon apple cider
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cinnamon schnapps
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cut into large chunks
1/2 lemon, juiced
Mix together the cider, rum, and schnapps in a large pitcher.
Add the apples to a small bowl and toss them with the lemon juice.
Thread the diced apples onto skewers.
Pour the spiked cider into glasses filled with ice, then garnish with an apple skewer and serve.
Fall Wedding Signature Drink: Cranberry Margaritas
Photo and Recipe via gimmesomeoven
How to Make Festive Cranberry Margaritas for a Fall Wedding (or a Holiday Season Wedding)
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice (I recommend using a brand that is 100% juice)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
- ice cubes
Stir all ingredients together until blended. Serve over ice in sugar- or salt-rimmed glasses, garnished with fresh cranberries and lime wedges if desired.
Pumpkin Margarita: Fall Wedding Signature Drink
Photo Credit: sandandsisal
Recipe Created by SuperWeddings.com
3 oz chilled whipped cream
2 oz vodka
1 ½ tsp half and half
2 Tbsp maple syrup
¾ tsp pumpkin spice
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Rose Garnishes for Signature Cocktails at a Wedding
A gorgeous idea from Martha Stewart for signature cocktails. Wedding guests will be greeted at the reception with Champagne served up in long-stemmed elegant champagne flutes with a real, miniature pink rose positioned at the rim of the glass for garnish. Incredibly elegant!
To make these tiny rose garnishes, insert a toothpick into the base of each rose, at an angle of not quite 45 degrees. Cut the stems about 1 inch shorter than the length of the toothpick; you may need to adjust length depending on the weight of the rose. Place each toothpick just inside the rim of the champagne glass, letting the roses balance delicately on top edge of the glass.
Your guessed will be beyond impressed! A great idea for serving champagne at a bridal shower or engagement party too.